Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Feeling betrayed, she wants to get even

Feeling betrayed, she wants to get even

By Bob Garon
TODAY Newspaper
Wednesday, December 8, 2004 12:07 AM

Dear Bob: I’m writing to you again because I’d like to share my story hoping to get some helpful advice from you.

I’m in Europe right now, an overstaying (visitor), and deciding to go back to our country next year because it’s not easy to live with uncertainties and worries. The people (two naturalized Filipino women living with their respective foreign partners) who pretended to help me were actually only helping themselves by letting me work late (babysitting and cleaning) with meager pay.

They used to be my friends. I never expected they could do this to me. I want to get even with them before I go back. I want them to realize what they’ve done.

I’ve learned that one of them falsified the death certificate of her husband in the Philippines (the man is not dead) in order to get a fiancée visa quickly and be able to take her two children with her.

The other, along with her foreign husband, brought people from the Philippines and employed them here without proper documents so they would work for less pay. I know what they are doing is against the law. It’s pure slavery.

Knowing all these anomalies, what should I do? Where do I need to go to report their doings? Could the Philippine government do something about this? Or do I have to report them here? I’d be glad to hear from you.



Friendship is never guaranteed. People can be very strange and unpredictable. They can turn and betray you when you least expect it. This is why the Bible says that you are fortunate if you can find one good friend during your lifetime.

You are deeply hurt. You feel betrayed by those you believed care for you but obviously don’t. Now, you want to get even with them and expose them.

If they are unfair and are breaking the law, that is your right and, in a way, your duty. This even if your intentions are less than pure.

I don’t know where you are living, but no doubt you can ask any government agency in the country where you can go with your information. Perhaps the local police station can direct you. You might also want to talk to the Philippine embassy about matters pertaining to the Philippines.

Before you do this, however, I suggest that you think hard and long. You could start a chain reaction that might have some strong reactions and unforeseen consequences.


Post a Comment

<< Home